Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS
 
 
 

Charges against Cuba Gooding Jr. dropped

August 4, 2012
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW ORLEANS - Misdemeanor battery charges related to a bar dust-up in New Orleans' French Quarter have been officially dropped against Academy Award-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr.

City spokesman Ryan Berni said an arraignment hearing was held Friday but there was no one to press the complaint. As a result, he said, the city moved to drop the charges.

"This ends the case," Berni said.

Article Photos

The Times-Picayune reports Gooding, 44, did not appear at the brief hearing before Judge Sean Early. The hearing came two days after an Old Absinthe House employee said she was dropping charges against him.

Police say the bartender told them that Gooding became upset after patrons started asking him to pose for photos with them at about 3 a.m. The bartender told investigators that Gooding pushed her after she asked him to calm down and again after she told him he should leave and that police had been called.

 
 

 

I am looking for: