Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Grain bin goes up in flames

January 9, 2014
Times-Republican
T-R PHOTO BY STEPHANIE IVANKOVICH
BEAMAN — An estimated 5,000 bushels of corn was drained out of a grain bin that caught fire at about 3 p.m. Tuesday, just south of Beaman.
According to a Grundy County Sheriff’s Office news release, the fire was initially thought to be limited to the top portion of the grain bin. A bucket truck was then brought in around 4 p.m. to cut a hole in the sidewall near the top to drain the corn. The Beaman Fire Department was on scene until 7:30 p.m.
The cause of the fire was believed to be electrical. The grain bin is owned by Stan Neff, of Beaman.
Assisting the Beaman Fire Department were first responders, the Conrad Fire Department and the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office.
 
 
 

 

I am looking for: